Wallpaper Hanging Instructions
Our wallpaper is a specialised product.
Please read these instructions carefully before hanging Charlotte Jade wallcoverings. It is advisable that a professional decorator is used to hang your wallpaper.
1. Inspect each roll
Before cutting and hanging the wallcovering, ensure that all wallpaper rolls have the same batch reference, are in good condition, with no variation in shade, and that no other faults are present. Please ensure that there are enough rolls to complete the job.
Do not assume that the wallcovering will come off the roll the correct way up. Always refer to the pattern reference or contact us at email@example.com.
Examination before hanging is the buyer’s responsibility. No claim can be accepted after wallcoverings have been cut and hung, for defects which are apparent at the time of hanging. In the event of any complaint, please quote the reference and batch number on the label.
- Walls should be clean, dry and even.
- Remove any old wallpaper and loose paint.
- Roughen painted surfaces with sandpaper.
- Scrape powdery, flaky surfaces. Absorbent surfaces should be prepared with an oil based primer ensuring it dries completely.
- New plaster should be allowed to dry out completely.
- Metallic effects can be damaged if high levels of alkaline are already present in the walls. Preparing the walls with an alkaline resistant primer should prevent any damage of this type.
- For best results, we recommend that the walls are cross lined using a good quality lining paper. Sizing the lining paper will aid adhesion.
- Lining should be allowed to dry completely before hanging the wallcovering.
3. Pasting & Hanging
- This is a ‘paste the wall’ product. The decorator should paste the wall and not the back of the wallcovering.
- A premium quality ‘Tub’ adhesive, or an equivalent good quality, solvent-free, fungicide protected adhesive should be used.
- DO NOT USE SELF-MIX ADHESIVES. ALL PURPOSE AND HEAVY DUTY PASTES ARE NOT SUITABLE.
- Paste should be evenly applied to the wall to hang 1 length at a time, to an area slightly wider than the width of the roll.
- Butt joins and use a decorator’s brush to smooth down the wallcovering, working from the centre to the edges to express air bubbles.
- Avoid squeezing paste out of joins and ensure paste does not get onto the brush or roller.
- No paste should be allowed to come into contact with the surface and hands should be kept clean and dry whilst handling the wallcovering.
- Paste will damage the surface. Charlotte Jade cannot accept responsibility for marks or damage caused by paste.
- Should any paste have been allowed to come into contact with the surface, it should be lightly sponged whilst still moist, using a clean damp sponge.
- Ensure wallcovering is firmly adhered as, in the event of fire, loose wallcoverings can contribute to the hazard.
This information has been supplied in good faith, but without guarantee. Site conditions are beyond our control. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that the environment is suitable for the wallcovering.