We respect the privacy of your personal data and all personal information saved at the site will be handled with the most utmost care. The information that we safely store will not be sold or used for any purposes other than ensuring the best service possible. It will solely be used for informing you about special offers and other marketing opportunities related to Charlotte Jade. Please read carefully for more details.
What Personal Data We Collect
Charlotte Jade may collect the following information about you:
Your contact details: name, postal addresses including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers, mobile numbers and email addresses
- Purchases and orders made by you
- When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details
- Your communication and marketing preferences
- Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- Your correspondence and communications with Charlotte Jade
- Your social media username/s, if you interact with us through those channels, so we can respond to your comments, questions or feedback
- The items listed above may not be the only way your personal data is collected as in specific instances we may need to collect additional data for the purpose set out in our policy. Some personal data will be collected directly, i.e when placing an order through our website or contacting us directly, however other data may be collected indirectly, i.e from browsing our website or shopping
In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others.
The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data
We only store or process your data for as long as necessary for the purpose it was collected.
How We Protect Your Data
Charlotte Jade is highly committed to keeping your personal data secure.
Our security measures include:
- Communication with our website is protected using ‘HTTPS’ technology
- Your personal data is password protected
- All personal data is held on encrypted storage
- Security controls which protect the entire Charlotte Jade infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access
What Can You Do To Protect Your Data
Charlotte Jade will NEVER ask you to confirm any bank or credit details via email, therefore if you receive an email claiming we do, please delete this immediately and take no action.
When using a computer in a public location, we would advise to always log out and close the website browser after completing your shop/visit to our website.
Further to this, it is advised that you are extremely careful with your passwords and take strict measures to keep these secure i.e keep this private and secure, use passwords with more than 8 characters and a combination of letters and numbers and never use the same password for multiple accounts.
How We Use Your Data
So we can give you the best possible customer service, Charlotte Jade use your data in these particular ways:
- To provide goods and services to you
- To process payments on our products/services
- To maintain registered accounts you have with us
- To verify your identity
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- To contact you via email or post about our latest products, services and offers, which we think you will be interested in.
We will respect the privacy of your personal data and we will not disclose your personal data to anyone, unless required to do so by a court.
- To proceed with your order, we have to process and store your data providing your data to third parties who are directly involved with your order, such as couriers. By placing an order with us, you agree to your data being processed by Charlotte Jade. We will not pass on your data to anyone outside or organization
- We will periodically send email newsletters regarding our latest news and offers.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to protect and secure the information we collect online.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties i.e your name, address, email address and payment card information
- However, it is essential that we share your delivery information (name, address, email) with our courier services who delivers your purchased items as this is essential for delivery of items.
Legal Basis For Using Your Data
Charlotte Jade collects and uses customers personal data because it is necessary for:
- We have a legitimate interest in specific data and it is essential for certain instances i.e delivery and marketing purposes.
- The purpose of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer
- Complying with our legal obligations
- We only rely on legitimate interest in our brand, products and servies to send marketing communications to customers. Where we rely on legitimate interest individuals are always given the opportunity to opt out.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you, by clicking ‘unsuscribe’ in the footer of any digital communication we send to you.
- If you have a Charlotte Jade account, log in and visit the ‘My Account’ section to change your details or preferences.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes To This Policy
If you would like to discuss this anything we have listed above please contact us directly: email@example.com
This policy was last updated in September 2020.